Apply now to AMBEX Semester Abroad Program. The application is free!
Please fill out the form below in its entirety. Once you submit your application form to us, you will be taken to the submission page for important forms and other information. If you have questions, please refer to the FAQ page or contact us.
- It is not necessary for U.S. citizens to apply for a visa while studying with the AMBEX program. U.S. citizens are automatically issued a 90-day tourist visa upon entry into the EU/Schengen Territory.
- For students wishing to stay in Schengen Territory beyond 90 days who may qualify for a visa:
AMBEX does not fall under German University or Hochschule accreditation standards or authorization. Therefore AMBEX students will not be issued a German Student Visa by the German government. The German government treats AMBEX students as purely here on a ‘Passport/Tourist’ (90 day) experience. AMBEX partners solely with American Colleges and Universities and makes no inference or representation as being an approved or accredited German college/university. AMBEX students desiring to stay beyond 90 days in Germany should apply for an appropriate Visa through their nearest German Consulate in the USA.
Please note that generally it is not possible for American citizens/students to stay in Europe/Schengen territory beyond 90 days in a 180 day time frame.
For more information on EU/Schengen Regulation and German visas, please visit the following links:
- Explanation of Schengen Visa Territory
- Applying for a German Visa, Types of Visa
- Overstaying, Regulations
German Embassy Washington D.C.
4645 Reservoir Road NW
Washington D.C., DC 20007
Eligibility for Admission
- 2.5 GPA (cumulative)
- On-Line Application e.g. Christian conversion testimony.
- Financial Aid application (recommended)
- Applicants may apply at any time but must have completed one year of post-secondary education by the time they start AMBEX.
Steps to complete your AMBEX enrollment:
- Check Eligibility Requirements above.
- Read the Liability Waiver and Student Life Guide.
- Fill out the Online Application below.
- Contact your home college’s registrar and determine how AMBEX courses will count for your credit on your transcript.
- Contact your home college’s financial aid office if you plan to use any aid (federal, state, loans, grants etc.) for AMBEX.
- After you have received notification of acceptance, submit a $600 Down-Payment* (non-refundable). The down-payment secures the student’s attendance unless wait-listed. Make check payable to Corban University; mention “AMBEX & semester selection” on the memo line.
5000 Deer Park Drive SE
Salem, OR 97317
You can also remit payment by credit card by calling Corban’s Business Office at: 503-375-7030.
*The down-payment will be applied towards your final invoice.
AMBEX operates on a “first come, first serve” basis. Admission spots are filled upon the submission of the down-payment. AMBEX will notify students if they have been wait-listed.
Fall Semester 2017
August 5, 2017 – full payment due
Spring Semester 2018
January 15, 2018 – full payment due
For more information about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the AMBEX Office at 011-49-9621-12354.